Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tee Vee anyone?

How much TV is too much TV? I mean how do you know you are watching indecent amounts of television when you are really looking forward to the next show. And the next one. AND the next one... Sigh. Its bliss. Wedging yourself in front of that screen... watching shows, movies, shows about movies. With a popcorn bowl of the perfect size,(big. BIG.), at that perfect distance from where you can reach it without too much effort, feet up on furniture, completely oblivious to the fact that the people around you aren't noticing you anymore maybe because you've pretty much done the same thing for the last two days.. wow. Add to that no phone calls... And I love it. Its great being completely invisible to everything and everyone. It is a time of self discovery, solitude, peaceful reminiscence, introspection and retrospection. And I have discovered.. that I, am in my Garfield phase. Which apart from being my invention basically allows me to be completely lazy, procrastinate, watch filthy amounts of TeeVee, eat lots of junk food and ignore all the important people in my life and not get screamed at about it.. because m in my Garfield phase C'mon! They gotto understand that much I guess. I mean there are some days in everyones lives with complete inactivity.. (Hmm.well. m hoping here.)I mean.. Doing perfectly nothing is an art.Takes a lot of patience to sit still and just.... be.
Oops... Barney Stinsson back on the show. Gotta go! Happy lazying around!!

2 comments:

Amit Dandekar said...

You've named your blog perfectly. This post drastically changed your impression on me!!!! :-)

On second thought if you've really achieved "Garfield" state in life then you earn my respect. Go for the "White-Goodman-State" shown at the "end" of the movie called "Dodgeball". How about it, eh?

full absolutes said...

But that stage comes rarely... like once in six years or when swine flu strikes and everything closes down for a week...:)